SUPPORT FOR EXHIBITIONS, EDUCATION AND PROGRAMS
Since 1917 the New Mexico Museum of Art has hosted exhibitions and engaged the community. There are many ways to support the museum including through cash donations and planned giving.
You can choose to support one-of-a-kind exhibitions and education programs, or you are in the midst of estate planning, there are many ways to leave a meaningful legacy that also supports the museum.
To make a gift please visit www.museumfoundation.org or contact Lindsay Jaeger at 505-982-6366, x120.
Our art collection has been built through the generous support of our community, many of whom donate works of art to the Museum. If you are interested in offering a work of art to be included in our collection, the first step would be to contact the appropriate curator to see if the work might fit with our collecting ambitions. Our collection has been enhanced through many generous gifts, both individual works as well as discreet collections.
Some notable donations to the New Mexico Museum of Art include:
- Lucy Lippard Collection: American feminist, minimalist and political works of art
- Rick Dillingham Collection: Dillingham’s personal collection of art that includes work by important contemporary artists with an emphasis on historic and contemporary ceramics
- Jane Reese Williams Collection: endowed collection of the work of mainly women photographers of the Southwest and the world
- Eliot Porter Collection: large collection of Porter photographs from the estate
- Gustave Baumann Collection: works on paper, oil paintings, furniture and marionettes
- Donald Beauregard Collection: a comprehensive survey of his art from his estate
- New Deal Art Collection: repository of New Deal Art by New Mexico artists
- New Mexico Photographic Survey Collection: collection of photographs taken from 1981 to 1983 depicting New Mexico by New Mexican artists
- Phillips Collection: a significant selection of California artists from the end of the 20th century
- The Dorothy and Herbert Vogel Collection
- New Mexico Farm Administration Photography Collection
- New Mexico Council on Photography Collection
- Wayne R. Lazorik University Photography Collection
- Richard Rudisill Photography Collection
LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES
The museum's library and archives accepts donations of books, archival materials, and some periodicals all in the subjects of art, art history, Southwest cultural history, photography, and architecture. If you have materials that you would like to donate, please contact the Librarian, Rebecca Potance at 505-476-5061. Because space is limited, we cannot accept all offers, and materials must fit within the library's collection policies.